I am a bit confused about this, does this include the bloom effect or is it for your own bloom effect to look better? Also could i apply it to objects/my whole screen?
HDR Renderer for GameMaker
A downloadable asset pack
✅ This compact library lets you render particles and other visual effects without affecting the game's pixel artwork.
👀 Why you need it? Below you can compare:
Notice how little control there is over where some visual effects, such as Bloom, appear in the game's art, creating unwanted visuals, mainly on high saturated graphics.
- Vibrant particles/vfx without affecting your game art - Useful Bloom/Glow, Godrays;
- Supports multiple views (in any position and size) - Example: singleplayer, multiplayer/split-screen;
- This asset clones the application_surface (or your own), which means you don't have to worry about resolution;
- Does not influence the GUI event in any way;
- Efficient/high performance;
- Works with "Keep Aspect Ratio" and "Full scale" graphics option;
- Works with layers/backgrounds and anything you wish to glow;
- You don't need to configure, just import it into the project and you will have HDR mode;
- Compatible with my other assets;
- Example included, with emissive particles and multiple views;
- 3 particle assets included;
- Tutorial written in text about every detail about how it works;
- Dedicated Discord server for support (feel free to ask questions! :D);
- It should work on all platforms as it uses pure GML code. Except HTML5.
- The asset requires at least 1 view with 1 associated camera to render;
- Recommended for 2D games.
- Please note: This asset has no influence with Windows HDR or your monitor, it only renders inside the window.
Note: Illustrative images, the project does not come with Bloom and Godrays! It is part of the Post-Processing FX, which is compatible with this library.
By purchasing, you agree that you may not resell or redistribute the source code in any way (ex: GitHub and Marketplace). The compiled product can be used commercially in any game or software.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- HDR Mode v1.0 - Stable30 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The purpose of the library is to render the effects in a way that doesn't harm the pixels directly (like in the example images), so it is necessary to have the Bloom effect separately in fact, which is not included. This library is not something you apply to objects, but the whole screen (this done automatically). So yes, it is a facilitator, which can be used with Post-Processing FX, for example.
good library for my projects
Ⅰ've been waiting! Thank you for releasing this library