Foxey Platform Engine [Best 2D Platformer for GMS 2]
A downloadable asset pack for Windows and Android
Advanced platform for basic and intermediate users! One of the best for Game Maker Studio 2.
Everything is very easy to customize, just change numbers or sprites and voila! You can change everything easily
- Skills System: 4 types of skills that can be easily modified, added or removed. Using enumerators for the system.
- Normal: You can put a sword in your hand to deal damage if you want.
- Bomber: Drop bombs to kill and destroy everything in your front!
- Shooter: Shoot with your weapon, it has spare ammo and reload time.
- Shuriken: Like a ninja!, pull items for yourself and kills enemies with this skill.
- Gamepads: Supports Direct Input and XInput controllers and others.
- Save and Load System: Secure system that uses JSON and buffers (unreadable format).
- State Machine: The player changes actions in a simple way using enumerators.
- Jump: You can jump and control the jump height, can be customized.
- Multi Jump: Single, Double, Triple or infinite jump! You choose.
- Friction and Acceleration: For the player.
- Run: The player can run faster.
- One Way Platform: Jump underneath the platforms and fall through.
- Fall-through platforms: Can be deactivated in any instance.
- Ladders: You can also shoot from the side when climbing.
- Climb: On walls, I walked lightly.
- Wall Jump: Climb and jump walls as you slide.
- Wall Slide: Slowly slide down any wall.
- Ice terrain: Slide on the ice!
- Pixel Perfect Camera: Make the game look good on all screens! Smooth and fixed camera. You can change the focus of the camera just by setting the variable for any object.
- Camera Shake: The camera shakes when taking damage or anything you want.
- Camera Focus: Focus the camera on a specific area of the room.
- Pixel Perfect Collisions System: Choose an object to be solid, you can stretch it that will work! No problems with infinite loop.
- Water Shader with Physics: Any sprite can be used as water. Control the brightness, saturation, contrast and color of the water via code.
- Swim: The player can swim and walk underwater.
- Menu: Uses only keyboard and gamepad, can adjust volume and others.
- Parallax Background: Depth effect in the background.
- Dialog Boxes: Use only one function to add dialogs! No need to duplicate objects, can be done in the room editor. The text fits perfectly without extra words appearing at the end, it is possible to skip the text animation.
- Plates with Text: Contains text that can be read using the dialog boxes.
- Slopes: You can create any type of uneven terrain. (Recommended not to get close to 90 degrees vertical).
- Terrain raycasting: The object you want can rotate on the ground (an enemy for example).
- Pushable Box: It can be pushed and rotates on the ground.
- Conveyor Belts: Auto configurable, just choose the sprite.
- Moving Platforms: Both horizontal and vertical.
- Directional Platforms: Change the number of platforms, circles, distance, distance between circles and speed.
- Path-based platforms: Jump to activate or activate automatically, use multiple paths in one instance, draw path lines.
- Silhouette Flash Shader: Perfect for demonstrating damage to an enemy when hit.
- Trail effect: Leave the trail of any sprite to create a Metroidvania like effect. (can be customized.)
- Coins: Collect coins that can be used for something.
- Lives and Health System: Lose health when hit the player, lose lives if you have no health.
- Invulnerability System: Player and enemies become invulnerable for a time when hit them.
- Power ups: Comes with two types of power ups, bombs and lives, you can add as many as you want without having to duplicate objects.
- Spring: Bounce, hold up to bounce higher!
- Flexible Keyboard Map: All key events are stored in variables to be able to map in a simple way.
- Music Player: Play a certain song at each level.
- Pause: Pause the entire game at any time, and all sounds also pause!
- Game Over: If you lose all lives, you will be returned to the menu. (or a game over screen).
- Game Transitions: With a shader, you can create any transition between rooms however you want. Easy customizable.
- Flag: Take it and go to the next level.
- Damage Object: Make any thorn damage the player.
- Custom Font: Includes a custom font that can be replaced.
- Particles: Smoke when walking, slipping, explosions, water bubbles and gun fire.
- Debugger: Includes X-ray, FPS, Real FPS, bounding boxes and others.
- Audio Groups: All music and effects are organized into audio groups.
- Optimized: Objects out of camera view are not drawn and you get performance on Android and iOS platform.
- 6 Enemies (with AI):
- Pterodactyl: Move smoothly left and right while looking at the player, step on top to kill him.
- Fish: He stays in the water, just go over that he jumps high in random positions, you can kill with bombs.
- Slug: While walking, if he realizes that the player is in front of it, he starts facing and start throwing his disgusting slime towards the player! If you step on top, it curls up in the shell and it is possible to kick it and if it is stopped for a while, it will return to normal. it doesn’t take damage from the shell.
- Spiky: Walk left and right, sometimes jump and you can only kill with bombs.
- Dinosaur: Walk left and right, stepping on top will flatten he out.
- Carnivorous Plant: Look in your direction, if you get close it switch to attack position.
- YYC Compatible.
- Compatible with all platforms: Desktop, Mobile, Console and HTML 5 (with standard restrictions).
- Variables names and general code with consistency.
- Easy to modify and extend to your needs.
- 2 example levels and 1 for tests.
- All codes are commented by parts and are very easy to handle.
- Includes many sound effects and 8-bit music.
- All sprites, audio and codes can be used in commercial games, BUT, you cannot resell this source code itself even if modified. (See EULA). If you find any problems, feel free to contact my email.
- Made by a professional and experienced programmer.
- Credit is appreciated, but not mandatory. (Foxy Of Jungle).
- Everything is in a .yyz file, just open it with Game Maker Studio 2. (File > Open Project) This is a source project, using GML.
For: Game Maker Studio 2. After purchasing, you will receive free updates. New updates will come. Devlog.
You can buy It on YoYo Games Marketplace too.
All support will be given, thank you so much! :)
If you bought the project, please tell me what you think about it ❤
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $29.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Foxey Platform Engine v1.3 (Major Update)10 days ago
- Foxey Platform Engine v1.2.165 days ago
- Foxey Platform Engine v1.2 (Major Update)Oct 03, 2020
- Foxey Platform Engine v1.1.1 (Early Access)Sep 04, 2020
- EULA v1.2Aug 11, 2020
- Foxey Platform Engine v1.1 (Major Update)Jul 24, 2020
- EULA addedJul 23, 2020
- Foxey Platform Engine v1.0.1Jun 14, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
It works on GameMaker Studio 2 v2.2.5 or on v2.3 only? And u help when somebody have trouble?
It works only from version 2.3.1+ (latest) of the Game Maker Studio 2, as it is the version in which functions and many other features have been added. Yes, I answer everyone, and I am always open to suggestions.
I can have a lot questions... this is no problem?
There are a few factors to take into account: I can help you solve a problem in the engine, explain how a feature works, give you an idea of how you could do such a thing and what to modify in the engine to get there. But I can't make the game for you or give you extra codes on how to do something new. If these questions fit this situation, then no problem :)
The code itself is well explained and easy to understand, however.
Yes fit :) ok first i try u demo.
U make meybe in future melee attack with knockbacks in engine and highscore table with entries? I think this is 1h max for u to do this :)
Hi, are you planning any sale maybe ?
Version 1.3 is now available! Check changelog for info.
for platform android ?
Just remembering that this is a project for Game Maker Studio 2, not a finished game 🙂
this looks great, most likely going to purchase. how easy would it be to add a 2player option.
Hello, it can be considered easy if you know how to implement it correctly. The player has all the individual codes (movement, collisions..), Basically the whole system is separate and at the same time interlaced. The next update to come will bring a lot of improvements and new things, so I can make it easier for you in the code, so you can add other players. Thanks!
Hi Foxy! Will this work with gms2.3 in mac big sur os?
Yes, the project is written in the latest version of Game Maker Studio. It works on any platform, if you have any problem, we can solve it together.
Version 1.2.1 is now available! Check changelog for info.
Como se faz um bub bub bub bub
Version 1.2 is now available! Check changelog for info.
It was made exclusively for Game Maker Studio 2, however, if you have enough knowledge of both, you can transfer from one language to another, but I don't think it's necessary, It's easier to learn GML 😁
Just bought this. It imported into GMS2.3 perfectly. I've been eyeing this up for a while so I took the plunge. I am more than happy. This is a professional platform template for GMS2 and covers practically everything you would need for this type of platformer. Top marks.
Hello everyone!, I am currently doing EAD from college, and I will have less time to work on the project, but whenever possible I will be working on it.
Hello everyone, I'm developing version 1.1.1, and it will have several cool things like infinite jumps! Yes! you can double, triple, multi jump! Stay tuned!
Hi, I have a question, is the engine compatible with gamepad controllers? Is necessary change or put new code for that?
Version 1.1 is now available! Check changelog for info.
Version 1.1 will come soon and many features have been added and fixed, stay tuned!